On 30 November 2017 at 09:58, Rajil Saraswat <raji...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to cast a Youtube video to chromecast sitting on the
> network. The VM is running Gentoo linux. Unfortunately, google chrome
> doesnt find the chromecast. Any idea how to make it to work?

I don't think this is specific to bhyve.  I assume your bhyve instance has
a tap onto the same subnet as the chromecast and you can move other TCP/IP
traffic around your network from your Gentoo instance?  I have seen
chromecasts complain and not work correctly when the controlling device and
the chromecast aren't on the same frequency network (SSID is the same on
the 2.4 and 5Ghz spectrum).