Hi all,

> Am 05.12.2017 um 17:41 schrieb Rodney W. Grimes
> <freebsd-...@pdx.rh.cn85.dnsmgr.net>:
> In effect what your asking for is what NFS does, so use NFS and get
> over the fact that this is the way to get what you want.  Sure you
> could implement a virt-vfs but I wonder how close the spec of that
> would be to the spec of NFS.

I figure it should be possible to implement something simpler
than NFS that provides full local posix semantics under the
constraint that only one "client" is allowed to mount the FS
at a time.

I see quite a few applications for something like this, specifically
in "hyperconvergent" environments. Or vagrant, of course.

*scratching head* isn't this what Sun's "network disk" protocol provided?

Kind regards,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH                   Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Kaiserallee 13a                 Tel.: 0721 9109-0 Fax: -100