Jason Tubnor wrote:

> > Well, disk0 will be the guest HDD to install to, disk1 will be the ISO with
> > drivers, and which disk will be the ISO attached by the "vm install"
> > command?
> >

>  From a user perspective, this is not of any value to know.  vm-bhyve
> manages that in the background and usually puts the regular disk0 as -s 4:0
> regardless of normal boot or install and when the installer is invoked,
> puts the installer iso in as -s 3:0

Oh, if vm-bhyve manages that the installer ISO is always attached
before other ancillary ISOs, that's fine with me.

> So based on previous examples, you'd see something like this in the log:
> -s 3:0,ahci-cd,/vm/.iso/myinstaliso.iso -s
> 4:0,ahci-hd,/dev/zvol/mypool/vm/myserver/disk0 -s
> 5:0,ahci-cd,/vm/myserver/virtio-win-0.1.164.iso

I see. I have tried this and it works as you describe, which is good
news.

However, there is bad news too. I've tried to install Windows 10 and
Windows Server 2012R2 onto the virtio-blk device, but...

The guest installer says that there are no disks to install to and no
drivers, and suggests a driver to be loaded. It can be told to find the
appropriate driver in my virtio-win-0.1.141.iso CD:

http://admin.sibptus.ru/~vas/bhyve1.png

but when it begins loading the viostor driver, the VM crashes with
"bhyve exited with status 134"

Therefore I ask again if someone has an actual success story of running
a Windows guest on a virtio-blk device.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/