On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 1:05 PM Rodney W. Grimes <
freebsd-...@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net> wrote:

> [ Charset UTF-8 unsupported, converting... ]
> pciconf -lvb for the card?

> sentinel to more than one BAR simultaneously it is not compatible with
> bhyve?s memory model for the guest.

> the root
> https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/compare/master...bsdjhb:bhyve_passthrough_barsize
> > >
> > > Could you please factor out the white space changes and do that
> > > seperately and sooner, it clouds the S/N in this review a bit.
> >
> > I can pull those out, but this is just a testing patch still, not yet a
> commit
> > candidate.
>
> Thanks and even more reason to pull those out, IMHO

Using John's patches, the Windows 10 guest can successfully boot and see
the NIC ports. I've tested it as far as successfully getting link state
change in Windows when I connect the two ports of the NIC to each other.

I started putting together a second system to test on where I can actually
get 40GbE link to another machine, but am running into separate (probably
AMD-related) issues. I can successfully boot the Windows 10 guest (though
initial configuration of the NICs generated a reboot, perhaps a panic -
didn't catch it in time) but connecting the two ports to each other did not
result in a link state change in Windows. For now I'll continue to focus on
the Intel-based machine that is working well. I may be able to get a 40GbE
link tomorrow to test performance.