-- Start of PGP signed section.
> Jason Tubnor wrote:
> > On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 at 12:32, Rodney W. Grimes
> > <freebsd-...@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > TO fix some of your issues, ie the fact that the kernel boot
> > > messages and the installer do not appear in the vnc display
> > > if you drop to the loader prompt during the boot process and
> > > set serial_boot="NO"
> > > then you get the kernel boot messages and the installer in
> > > the vnc output.
> > >
> > > Once you finished the install adding:
> > > boot_serial="NO"
> > > /boot/loader.conf
> > >
> > > works around the fact the kernel boot messages are going to a serial
> > > console.
> > >

> > > This *may* effect x11 startup, I havent got to that part yet...
> > >

> > More coverage on the above as Rod describes can be found on the wiki (down
> > near the bottom):
> >
> > https://wiki.freebsd.org/bhyve/UEFI

Glad to see that this is documented.  I am unclear on why we are forcing
a serial console now though, perhaps it is a failure to detect the
prescense of a uefi framebuffer?

> Jason and Rodney, thanks, it's useful to know, though for the present I
> was happy enough with the serial console installation.
>
> Now I'd like to concentrate on the question how to start a graphical
> desktop environment in a bhyve guest.

I am back home now and souuld be able to dig out the vm I last did
this in, or recreate the situation and figure out what needs to be
done.

--
Rod Grimes                                                 rgri...@freebsd.org