First, do these Jaguar processors support device passthrough?

Is there anything interesting in dmesg? What does pciconf show? Maybe bhyve
claiming the USB controller is interfering with SATA somehow. On my pcengines
board the two devices are logical neighbours, and I guess your scenario has
never been tested.

Can you see ada0’s FAT file system in the virtual UEFI gui? If you can, what
happens if you execute the boot loader manually?

I normally point the virtual storage at a block file (or a zvol) rather than
essentially pass through a real device like /dev/ada0. Can you try that?Maybe
try a guest Linux installation first using a block file on your boot disk. The
diagnostics will be better than a Windows guest.

Finally which version of SeaBIOS are you using?

(Also, too late if you already installed Windows, but why not use the
paravirtualized virtual disk device instead of nvme?)