I am investigating using the -G flag to attach gdb to a running guest machine.

It looks like breakpoints and single instruction stepping are not implemented
in vmm/amd/svm.c. It seems that it was added to vmm/intel/vmx.c. I spent a
little bit of time reading through the AMD64 Architecture Manual; it doesn't
seem to provide a direct way to implement this in a way transparent to the
guest?

One way to implement single stepping that occurs to me is to set the trap flag
in the guest's RFLAGS register, and then intercept each #DB exception in the
vmm.

Has anyone looked at this on the AMD side? Any advice?

---
Rob Crowston.