On 10/23/2012 2:23 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:

I'd really appreciate someone stepping in here. I'm trying to finish
off the power save queue handling changes and then move to finishing
correcting the ps-poll support. Then I have the whole TX and RX data
and control path to jiggle around to make things (more) predictable
and better behaved. I really don't want to stray from this. :-)

Do I have to promise free hardware and t-shirts? :-)

I could be mistaken, but I was under the impression that adhoc only supported B or G speeds, and that if you wanted N speeds, you have to use STA rather than ADHOC.

I've heard this discussion outside of relation to FreeBSD, so I know it's a well-discussed issue. I also think I remember reading something about certain chipsets supporting 11n in ADHOC mode, but only when connecting to other chipsets. I think it was MAYBE an atheros chipset, but I don't really remember -exactly- what I read, or where it was...

Here is a linux ath9k forum post regarding it:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.ath9k.devel/2660 Seems to indicate that 11n in ADHOC isn't supported there either.. Sooo....

--
Chuck Burns <brea...@gmail.com>