Under linux my ACER NPLIFY Wireless shows as an Intel Chip
So Id assume he needs iw

02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Wireless-N 2230 (rev
c4)

last i used an intel on FreeBSD it required to edit /boot/loader.conf and a
reboot
legal.intel_iwn.license_ack=1
if_iwn_load="YES"
if_iwnfw_load="YES"