On 2 November 2013 12:13, clutton <clut...@zoho.com> wrote:

[snip]

> What was happened? netif tries to setup wlan0 (clone, wpa, dhcp, etc),
> when wlan0 interface occurs, devd runs another copy of netif.

Well, it sounds like we need to pick an architecture _and_ fix the
behaviour here.

Which is:

* I think wpa-supplicant should always run if it's required in /etc/rc.conf;
* netif should check if devd is configured and if so, just leave the
configuration up to devd
* if it isn't running, then devd should be responsible for
dhclient/add-to-wpa-config

What we first have to establish is whether add_interface and
remove_interface (or whatever they're called) are correctly working,
for ethernet and wifi driver types. Then, we need to ensure they can
coexist (ie, one wpa_supplicant, but with both ethernet/wifi drivers
loaded and active on their relevant interfaces.) _then_ we can break
out the "stuff devd does" out of netif and have _either_ netif (x)or
devd call this new script to setup/teardown the interface runtime
state.

How's that sound?

-adrian