On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 08:17:32AM -0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> The second possibility is that it's asleep - and no, NIC reads aren't
> showing 0xdeadc0de, 0xdeadbeef, etc. So no, it's not that.

I didn't think of this when you first mentioned it, but I recently added
this to rc.conf:

  performance_cx_lowest="C2"
  economy_cx_lowest="C2"

Another thing I failed to mention, is the ath(4) is part of lagg(4),
accompanied by alc(4).

I'm half wondering if the *_cx_lowest is triggering something.  The
other half wonders if lagg(4) triggers something funky.

> He's also recently opened up his laptop and fiddled around.

"Trust me, I'm an engineer!"

> he's going off to do some more testing.

"What can possibly go wrong?"

Glen