Hi,

On Tue, 08 Apr 2014 18:18:40 -0700
Sean Bruno <sbr...@ignoranthack.me> wrote:

> On Mon, 2014-03-31 at 07:30 +0800, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> >
> > since I upgraded to r263767, I have the following problem:
> >
> > Wireless does not start all the while. When it does not start, it
> >
> > iwn0: <Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205> mem 0xf2500000-0xf2501fff
> > irq 17 at device 0.0 on pci3
>
> Hrm ... so I have this one in my T520.
>
> I've been experimenting with routers and such ... and I found
> something *interesting* with iwn(4).
>
> On my dlink dir825-C1 I have a channel option "HT20/40 Coexistence".

the router I experience the problem is a D-Link too. But it is not mine.

> If I disable this, I cannot associate in the 2.4G hz channel at all.
> I don't know if this is clueful, but it seems to mirror my problems at
> work.  Associates for a moment and then drops.
>
> Since I don't know what this really means, I thought I'd chuck it over
> here and see if its meaningful.

On my own router, a ProLink if I remember right, I can only switch
between 20 and 40 MHz channel with but I cannot have both. I wonder why
the router needs the coexistence. Is it to communicate with other
routers to find free channels?

Erich