On Tue, 24 Jun 2014, Sean Bruno wrote:

On Sat, 2014-06-21 at 12:47 -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
Well, it depends on what the hardware may want or desire to function
correctly. I've no idea what theose chips require for multicast

I think that was kind of my point of bringing this up.  Only a handful
of cards really implement the appropriate code.  Most of the rest,
implement stub functions that hide a console print message indicating
missing functionality.

I propose nuking most of these stub functions and wrapping the console
printf in a bootverbose.

FWIW, I agree. That little error-that's-not-an-error is what new users see, and it obviously must be the problem. So not only is it not
helping, it often distracts from real problems.