On 9/2/2014 10:29 AM, atar wrote:

I've a ZTE USB modem and I want to use it with FreeBSD. I've attached it to one of the
USB slots on my PC and run the "ls -lh /dev/" command to see what's going on.
I've saw that two modem devices have been created in the 'dialup' group: cuau0 and cuau1.

My question is why were two devices nodes created instead of one and how should
I know which of them I need to use?

Typically, they will show up as /dev/cuaUx or /dev/cuaUx.x (note the capital U). Make sure you have the u3g driver loaded as well. (kldload u3g). Also, some ZTE sticks need to be put in "modem mode". This can often be done by sending the eject command to its "cdrom"

if its listed as pass0, try the command
camcontrol eject pass0

        ---Mike