Hm, PB47 .. which NIC(s) do you have plugged into it?


-adrian


On 11 November 2014 18:44, 子文 <u...@163.com> wrote:
>
>
> Dear  Adrian Chadd
>     I have builded  the freebsd firmware for pb47, and  upload it into board
> ,but
>   I meet the following problem, Can you tell me  how to resolve it ?
>
>
> *** setting up hostname
> *** Load kernel modules
> kldload: can't load bridgestp: module already loaded or in kernel
> kldload: can't load if_bridge: No such file or directory
> kldload: can't load random: No such file or directory
> *** bringing up loopback ..
> *** Starting networking via /etc/rc.d/base/net
> sysctl: unknown oid 'dev.ath.0.txq_mcastq_maxdepth': No such file or
> directory
> sysctl: unknown oid 'dev.ath.1.txq_mcastq_maxdepth': No such file or
> directory
> *** Interface: arge0: start
> ifconfig: interface arge0 does not exist
> *** Interface: arge0: done
> *** Interface: bridge0: start
> bridge0: Ethernet address: 56:f6:a0:59:ea:7b
> ifconfig: BRDGADD arge0: No such file or directory
> *** Interface: bridge0: done
> *** Default password/login databases ..
> *** inetd
> *** Done!
>
> FreeBSD/mips (freebsd-wifi-build) (ttyu0)
>
> login: root
> No home directory.
> Logging in with home = "/".
>
>
>
>
>
> At 2014-11-11 15:09:01, "Adrian Chadd" <adr...@freebsd.org> wrote:
>>Yup, I have to implement the TDMA feature for the AR9380 and later
>>chips. It's not a lot of work; I just have to sit down and do it.
>>
>>Sorry!
>>
>>
>>-adrian
>>
>>
>>On 10 November 2014 22:00, 子文 <u...@163.com> wrote:
>>> Dear Adrain Chadd
>>>     I didn't use the AR9380 chipset in DB120, I just use the internel
>>> wifi
>>> of ar9344 .  it can work   well in hostap mode , but it can't work well
>>> in
>>> tdma mode
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> 在 2014-11-11 11:56:56,"Adrian Chadd" <adr...@freebsd.org> 写道:
>>>>Argh, I haven't actually implemented the TDMA code for the AR9380
>>>> chipsets.
>>>>
>>>>Ok, I'll go take a look at doing that nowish.
>>>>
>>>>thanks for reminding me!
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>-adrian
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>On 10 November 2014 18:57, 子文 <u...@163.com> wrote:
>>>>> Dear all
>>>>>     I  have successfully install the  freebsd on db120 hardware and the
>>>>> wireless for standard 802.11 protocol  is ok.
>>>>> but I want to try the TDMA function , I use the following command set
>>>>> the
>>>>> master and slave ,  but  it can't connect and the slave can't scan the
>>>>> master.
>>>>> Is there any error for the setting?
>>>>>
>>>>>   Master :
>>>>>         ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev ath0 wlanmode tdma ssid tdma-ap
>>>>> tdmaslotlen 2500 tdmaslot 0 up
>>>>>        ifconfig wlan0 inet 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 mode 11g
>>>>> channel 1
>>>>>      ifconfig wlan0 up
>>>>>
>>>>> Slave:
>>>>>               ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev ath0 wlanmode tdma
>>>>>            ifconfig wlan0 ssid tdma-ap
>>>>>         ifconfig wlan0 inet 192.168.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 mode 11g
>>>>> channel 1 ssid tdma-ap//连接的AP名字
>>>>>           ifconfig wlan0 up
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> At 2014-11-11 00:45:50, "Adrian Chadd" <adr...@freebsd.org> wrote:
>>>>>>Hi!
>>>>>>
>>>>>>It's a FreeBSD package. try 'pkg install lzma'
>>>>>>
>>>>>>On 10 November 2014 03:40, 子文 <u...@163.com> wrote:
>>>>>>> Dear AdrianChadd
>>>>>>>       /usr/local/bin/lzma  not found, How can I install the lzma
>>>>>>> tools?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> At 2014-11-10 17:34:48, "Adrian Chadd" <adr...@freebsd.org> wrote:
>>>>>>>>Hi!
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>Add a 'uboot' target after installkernel!
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>-adrian
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>On 10 November 2014 01:12, 子文 <u...@163.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>> Dear all
>>>>>>>>>           I  use the command "../build/build/bin/build db120
>>>>>>>>> installworld
>>>>>>>>> installkernel " to build the db120 firmware,
>>>>>>>>> but I only get three files  kernel.DB120, kernel.DB120.symbols
>>>>>>>>> mfsroot-db120.img.uimge,
>>>>>>>>> How can I get the kernel.DB120.lzma.uimage.?
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> At 2014-09-05 20:00:01, freebsd-wireless-requ...@freebsd.org wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>Send freebsd-wireless mailing list submissions to
>>>>>>>>>>       freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>>>>>>>>>       http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-wireless
>>>>>>>>>>or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>>>>>>>>>       freebsd-wireless-requ...@freebsd.org
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>You can reach the person managing the list at
>>>>>>>>>>       freebsd-wireless-ow...@freebsd.org
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>>>>>>>>>>than "Re: Contents of freebsd-wireless digest..."
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>Today's Topics:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>   1. Re: FreeBSD wireless support is lacking; needs better
>>>>>>>>>>      documentation (Matthias Apitz)
>>>>>>>>>>   2. Re: FreeBSD wireless support is lacking; needs better
>>>>>>>>>>      documentation (Sergey Ryazanov)
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>Message: 1
>>>>>>>>>>Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 15:50:18 +0200
>>>>>>>>>>From: Matthias Apitz <g...@unixarea.de>
>>>>>>>>>>To: hiren panchasara <hi...@freebsd.org>
>>>>>>>>>>Cc: freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org, Dirk E <cipher...@hotmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>Subject: Re: FreeBSD wireless support is lacking; needs better
>>>>>>>>>>       documentation
>>>>>>>>>>Message-ID: <20140904135018.GA2241@tiny-r269739>
>>>>>>>>>>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>El d?a Tuesday, September 02, 2014 a las 09:13:10PM -0700, hiren
>>>>>>>>>> panchasara escribi?:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> On Aug 30, 2014 9:39 AM, "Dirk E" <cipher...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>> > ...
>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>> > I propose the following: create a wiki with a list of known
>>>>>>>>>>> > working
>>>>>>>>>>> > wireless products. Each product should note which chipset it
>>>>>>>>>>> > uses,
>>>>>>>>>>> > what
>>>>>>>>>>> > driver it connects to, what features are suported (i.e.
>>>>>>>>>>> > HOSTAP),
>>>>>>>>>>> > what
>>>>>>>>>>> > FreeBSD versions are supported, whether it is open source /
>>>>>>>>>>> > binary
>>>>>>>>>>> > blob,
>>>>>>>>>>> > any license requirements (like Realtek) and a dmesg snippet
>>>>>>>>>>> > where
>>>>>>>>>>> > the
>>>>>>>>>>> > driver is detected. It can be managed by a maintainer that
>>>>>>>>>>> > accepts
>>>>>>>>>>> > email
>>>>>>>>>>> > reports from users who provide the required information. That
>>>>>>>>>>> > way,
>>>>>>>>>>> > we
>>>>>>>>>>> > get a
>>>>>>>>>>> > list of hardware that is known to work with FreeBSD that people
>>>>>>>>>>> > can
>>>>>>>>>>> > actually buy. Even a NewEgg-link or something to that effect
>>>>>>>>>>> > can
>>>>>>>>>>> > be
>>>>>>>>>>> > provided.
>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>> > This website was a lot of help to me in figuring out what
>>>>>>>>>>> > chipset
>>>>>>>>>>> > a
>>>>>>>>>>> > wireless product uses: https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>>>>>>>>>> > I propose something simpler for FreeBSD; just a single wiki
>>>>>>>>>>> > page
>>>>>>>>>>> > that
>>>>>>>>>>> > lists products that either work or do not work.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>I fully agree with that we need more structured documentation about
>>>>>>>>>> what
>>>>>>>>>>is working, in which versions and with which details. I'm editing
>>>>>>>>>> in
>>>>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>>>>>FreeBSD Wiki the webcam compatibility list and I know that editing
>>>>>>>>>> Wiki
>>>>>>>>>>pages can be a mess and is not what every user who got something to
>>>>>>>>>>work, or to know, is wanting to do. What we do need is somekind of
>>>>>>>>>>database with a webform by which everybody could insert (or even
>>>>>>>>>> edit)
>>>>>>>>>>exsisting data, ofc with somekind of creation of account and an
>>>>>>>>>> anti-SPAM
>>>>>>>>>>capcha. Without this, the data actualization depends on the time
>>>>>>>>>> and
>>>>>>>>>>availibility of the maintainer(s) of the page and information tends
>>>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>>>>> be
>>>>>>>>>>outdated.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>HIH
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>       matthias
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>--
>>>>>>>>>>Matthias Apitz               |  /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
>>>>>>>>>>E-mail: g...@unixarea.de     |  \ /   - No HTML/RTF in E-mail
>>>>>>>>>>WWW: http://www.unixarea.de/ |   X    - No proprietary attachments
>>>>>>>>>>phone: +49-170-4527211       |  / \   - Respect for open standards
>>>>>>>>>>                             |
>>>>>>>>>> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII_Ribbon_Campaign
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>Message: 2
>>>>>>>>>>Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 14:33:45 +0400
>>>>>>>>>>From: Sergey Ryazanov <ryazanov....@gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>To: Matthias Apitz <g...@unixarea.de>
>>>>>>>>>>Cc: freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org, Dirk E <cipher...@hotmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>Subject: Re: FreeBSD wireless support is lacking; needs better
>>>>>>>>>>       documentation
>>>>>>>>>>Message-ID:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> <CAHNKnsTw52DEM4FUjVLDYYfp1gUe6CM+zM=dbdgxspadsj-...@mail.gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>Hello,
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>2014-09-04 17:50 GMT+04:00, Matthias Apitz <g...@unixarea.de>:
>>>>>>>>>>> El d?a Tuesday, September 02, 2014 a las 09:13:10PM -0700, hiren
>>>>>>>>>>> panchasara
>>>>>>>>>>> escribi?:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> On Aug 30, 2014 9:39 AM, "Dirk E" <cipher...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>> > ...
>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>> > I propose the following: create a wiki with a list of known
>>>>>>>>>>>> > working
>>>>>>>>>>>> > wireless products. Each product should note which chipset it
>>>>>>>>>>>> > uses,
>>>>>>>>>>>> > what
>>>>>>>>>>>> > driver it connects to, what features are suported (i.e.
>>>>>>>>>>>> > HOSTAP),
>>>>>>>>>>>> > what
>>>>>>>>>>>> > FreeBSD versions are supported, whether it is open source /
>>>>>>>>>>>> > binary
>>>>>>>>>>>> > blob,
>>>>>>>>>>>> > any license requirements (like Realtek) and a dmesg snippet
>>>>>>>>>>>> > where
>>>>>>>>>>>> > the
>>>>>>>>>>>> > driver is detected. It can be managed by a maintainer that
>>>>>>>>>>>> > accepts
>>>>>>>>>>>> > email
>>>>>>>>>>>> > reports from users who provide the required information. That
>>>>>>>>>>>> > way,
>>>>>>>>>>>> > we
>>>>>>>>>>>> > get a
>>>>>>>>>>>> > list of hardware that is known to work with FreeBSD that
>>>>>>>>>>>> > people
>>>>>>>>>>>> > can
>>>>>>>>>>>> > actually buy. Even a NewEgg-link or something to that effect
>>>>>>>>>>>> > can
>>>>>>>>>>>> > be
>>>>>>>>>>>> > provided.
>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>> > This website was a lot of help to me in figuring out what
>>>>>>>>>>>> > chipset
>>>>>>>>>>>> > a
>>>>>>>>>>>> > wireless product uses: https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>>>>>>>>>>> > I propose something simpler for FreeBSD; just a single wiki
>>>>>>>>>>>> > page
>>>>>>>>>>>> > that
>>>>>>>>>>>> > lists products that either work or do not work.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> I fully agree with that we need more structured documentation
>>>>>>>>>>> about
>>>>>>>>>>> what
>>>>>>>>>>> is working, in which versions and with which details. I'm editing
>>>>>>>>>>> in
>>>>>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>>>>>> FreeBSD Wiki the webcam compatibility list and I know that
>>>>>>>>>>> editing
>>>>>>>>>>> Wiki
>>>>>>>>>>> pages can be a mess and is not what every user who got something
>>>>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>>>>>> work, or to know, is wanting to do. What we do need is somekind
>>>>>>>>>>> of
>>>>>>>>>>> database with a webform by which everybody could insert (or even
>>>>>>>>>>> edit)
>>>>>>>>>>> exsisting data, ofc with somekind of creation of account and an
>>>>>>>>>>> anti-SPAM
>>>>>>>>>>> capcha. Without this, the data actualization depends on the time
>>>>>>>>>>> and
>>>>>>>>>>> availibility of the maintainer(s) of the page and information
>>>>>>>>>>> tends
>>>>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>>>>>> be
>>>>>>>>>>> outdated.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>Maybe it would easier to maintain a list of  supported chipsets and
>>>>>>>>>>provide a link to a website with a hardware database (e.g.
>>>>>>>>>>wikidevi.com)? There are not so many chips as compared with the
>>>>>>>>>> amount
>>>>>>>>>>of different devices. Also wikidevi and similar projects are not
>>>>>>>>>>depend on OS and have a wider auditory. Just my 2 cents.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>--
>>>>>>>>>>BR,
>>>>>>>>>>Sergey
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>Subject: Digest Footer
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>_______________________________________________
>>>>>>>>>>freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org mailing list
>>>>>>>>>>http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-wireless
>>>>>>>>>>To unsubscribe, send any mail to
>>>>>>>>>> "freebsd-wireless-unsubscr...@freebsd.org"
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>End of freebsd-wireless Digest, Vol 167, Issue 5
>>>>>>>>>>************************************************
>>>>>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>>>>>> freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org mailing list
>>>>>>>>> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-wireless
>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe, send any mail to
>>>>>>>>> "freebsd-wireless-unsubscr...@freebsd.org"
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
>
>
_______________________________________________
freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-wireless
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-wireless-unsubscr...@freebsd.org"

Reply via email to