--- Comment #2 from commit-h...@freebsd.org ---
A commit references this bug:
Date: Fri Feb 27 04:45:48 UTC 2015
New revision: 279350
Fix kern/196290 - don't announce 11n HTINFO rates if the channel is
configured as 11b.
This came up when debugging other issues surrounding scanning and
What's going on:
* The VAP comes up as an 11b VAP, but on an 11n capable NIC;
* .. it announces HTINFO and MCS rates;
* The AP thinks it's an 11n capable device and transmits 11n frames
to the STA;
* But the STA is in 11b mode, and thus doesn't receive/ACK the frames.
It didn't happen for the ath(4) devices as the AR5416/AR9300 HALs
unconditionally enable MCS frame reception, even if the channel
mode is not 11n. But the Intel NICs are configured in 11b/11a/11g
modes when doing those, even if 11n is enabled and available.
So, don't announce 11n capabilities if the VAP isn't on an 11n
channel when sending management assocation request / reassociation
* Lots more testing - 11n should be "upgraded" after association,
and I just want to make sure I haven't broken 11n upgrade.
I shouldn't have - this is only happening for /sending/ association
requests, which APs aren't doing.
* ath(4) APs (AR9331, AR7161+AR9280, AR934x)
* AR5416, STA mode
* Intel 5100, STA mode
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
email@example.com mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-wireless-unsubscr...@freebsd.org"