On 18 June 2015 at 01:38, zsolty szasz via freebsd-wireless
<freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using pfsense 2.2.2 at home. I have a computer dedicated to be a home
> router which contains a PCI slot wireless adapter with Atheros 9227 chipset.
> The model of the wireless adapter is TP-Link TL-WN51ND and it has two
> antennas. This comply with IEEE 802.11n, and provides wireless speed up to
> 300Mbps according to the manufacturer.
> This adapter was recognized well by pfsense and I have setup with ease in "N"
> using channel 3 - I live in a crowded neighborhood and I saw that nobody is
> using channel 3. With this settings the wifi is working fine one or two days
> but after that I have to do something like "ifconfig ath0 down | ifconfig
> ath0 up" to work again a couple of days more. The issue is that from my
> laptop or phones I can see my wifi but I cant connect. I also receive a lot
> of "ath0 stuck beacon resetting" messages in pfsense. For a couple of weeks I
> changed back to "G" mode to see if its stable and its working perfectly
> stable with no ath0 stuck beacon messages at all!
> I really would like to use in "N" because of greater download speeds but I'm
> lazy to go every time in front of the router and type ifconfig ath0 down/up
> every time. So please advise me what can I do, or check or setup.
> Kind regards,

Hi,

So:

* Set dev.ath.0.hal.force_full_reset=1 ; see if that helps
* Since 11n is not working but 11g does, it may be something to do
with using 11n features. 11n is always /configured/ in the NIC. So,
try doing this:

# ifconfig wlan0 -ampdutx

.. to disable AMPDU transmit. See if that makes it behave differently.

-adrian