Hello,

I recently had need for working wireless on an old iMac I use for running
FreeBSD. As the computer originally had a unsupported broadcom card I swapped
it out for an AR9287 I had in a drawer. Now, the problem is that while the card
connects fine in the 2.4Ghz it won't connect, or more precisely won't see
anything in the 5Ghz spectrum. A command like 'ifconfig wlan0 list regdomain'
for example only lists 2.4Ghz channels.

Now according to my dmesg (relevant bits below) this card has a 5Ghz radio (as
it should). So what should I do to actually be able to actually connect or see
anything over 5Ghz?

ath0: <Atheros 9287> mem 0xc8100000-0xc810ffff irq 17 at device 0.0 on pci3
ath0: [HT] enabling HT modes
ath0: [HT] enabling short-GI in 20MHz mode
ath0: [HT] 1 stream STBC receive enabled
ath0: [HT] 1 stream STBC transmit enabled
ath0: [HT] 2 RX streams; 2 TX streams
ath0: AR9287 mac 384.2 RF5133 phy 15.15
ath0: 2GHz radio: 0x0000; 5GHz radio: 0x00c0

The relevant parts of my rc.conf would be:

create_args_wlan0="country SE"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA SYNCDHCP"

--
Björn Jonare