Hi!

If you can put some code up then we can poke at it together and see how to
get the firmware load and USB framework bits into if_ath(4).

You don't want to load it via userland; you really want the driver to load
it at attach time and if it wants to power things fully down off or not.
(You can do a reset command over USB to reset the chip back to "wait for
firmware" which is nice for things like low power modes.)

-a