Hm, it'd be good to see driver debugging. It'd be good there to see if the
actual auth frames are being exchanged and ACKed at the MAC level or not.

I've seen some pretty crappy behaviours both with how some APs wanna try
band steering (by dropping you off 2g when they see you've sent a probe on
5g) and just crappy 2g behaviour in congested networks. It'd be nice to
know which this is.

-a