Hi,

Looking at the FreeBSD/mesh wiki page ( https://wiki.freebsd.org/WiFi/Mesh ) it says:

"Development is occurring at the FreeBSD HEAD branch and an experimental support is present on FreeBSD 8.0."
and
"Given that the Linux 802.11s implementation (in wireless-testing) was based on an early draft, we can't talk with Linux mesh nodes."

I have a router (Mikrotik RB435G with an AR9220 card with OpenWRT installed) and a FreeBSD12 machine with PCIe-based AR9580 card.

With mesh set up on the FreeBSD machine, a scan on the router lists the mesh network but can't ever join. Correspondingly, with mesh set up on the router, a scan on the FreeBSD machine doesn't list the router's mesh.

Does anyone have any confirmation of working interaction between FreeBSD and Linux/OpenWRT-based nodes?

Thanks