2009/1/30 Julian Stecklina <j...@alien8.de>:
> Mister Olli <mister.o...@googlemail.com> writes:
>> Hi,
>> I've never experimented with the kern.hz variable, but on all
>> configuration examples for 8-CURRENT if always seen 'kern.hz=100'.
>>>From where did you get your configuration?
> I use the default config (albeit renamed to BLITZXEN) from 8-CURRENT.

Due to bad performance of high HZ in VMs, in 8-CURRENT it is
explicitly reduced to 10 if the kernel is running under any kind of
virtual environment. This is a somewhat theoretical number and
probably needs tuning.

If you're interested in trying it out, you can increase it by adding
"kern.hz=xxx" to /boot/loader.conf and seeing what is the actual
performance influence of high HZ under Xen.