Mister Olli <mister.o...@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've had time problems too. The clock did not go backwards, but forwards
> for some time sime, and then jumped back to a certain date. Like
> Sun Jan 25 00:55:12 UTC 2009
> Sun Jan 25 01:08:35 UTC 2009
> Sun Jan 25 00:55:12 UTC 2009
> Sun Jan 25 00:55:13 UTC 2009
>
> It took me quite some time to find a solution that helped for me:
> - activate the independent_wallclock in domO by 'sysctl
> xen.independent_wallclock=1'

I booted the DomU with machdep.independent_wallclock=1 as kernel
parameter instead. But that didn't work. sysctl still reported it as
0. I've tried setting machdep.xen_disable_rtc_set and
machdep.independent_wallclock after booting, but it does not help either.

> - edit and configure '/etc/ntpd.conf' in domU
> - edit '/etc/rc.conf' and add the following lines
>       # NTP stuff
>       ntpdate_enable="YES"
>       ntpdate_flags="-b <YOUR_NTP_SERVER>"
>       ntpd_enable="YES"
> - reboot domU
>
> If you try it on your problem, could you please give me some feedback if
> it worked?

Doesn't work. :-/

MfG,
--
Julian Stecklina

Well, take it from an old hand: the only reason it would be easier to
program in C is that you can't easily express complex problems in C,
so you don't. - Erik Naggum (in comp.lang.lisp)