Hi,

We're playing with FBSD8 (paravirt) for some time now, with these results:

- current CentOS 5.2+ (64bit) with Xen 3.3.1 installed via this XEN repo
(remove CentOS Xen first):

http://www.gitco.de/linux/x86_64/centos/5/rpms/

- self made kernel available from

http://kai.freshx.de/kernel-17022009

- you need to install a FBSD8 (32bit!!!) (including svn) and take a snapshot of
the disk via dd into system.img (have at least 6 GB space for rebuild of the
system later),
-> fstab should mount / as /dev/ad0s1a
-> xn0 is the netIF.
-> add this line to /etc/ttys:
xc0     "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt100   on  secure

- bsd8.cfg looks like this

kernel = "/XEN/bsd8/kernels/kernel-17022009"
memory = 1024
name = "bsd8"
vif = ['mac=00:12:34:56:78:90, bridge=xenbr0']
disk = [ 'file:/XEN/bsd8/system.img,hda,w' ]
extra = "boot_verbose"
extra += ",vfs.root.mountfrom=ufs:/dev/ad0s1a"
on_poweroff = 'destroy'
on_crash    = 'destroy'
on_reboot   = 'restart'

- update to current SVN tree with

# svn checkout http://svn.freebsd.org/base/head /usr/src

- rebuild everything with

# cd /usr/src
# make cleandepend
# make clean
# make depend
# make buildworld
# make kernel KERNCONF=XEN

Please note, that rebuilding the svn repo fails to build from time to time ...
:-(

Rgds K