Adrian Chadd wrote:

I'd like to twiddle the Xen console stuff a little bit to make it
easier to bootstrap a PVM.

There's a couple of options I can think of:

* Patch /etc/ttys to have a default "xc0" Xen console, but disabled
(which makes it trivial for users / scripts to disable the syscons
console and enable the xc console);
* Modify the xenconsole driver to attach to ttyv0 (via a kernel
environment variable) so /etc/ttys doesn't need modifying (but this
may confuse tools that assumes /dev/ttyvX == syscons.)

Opinions? I'd like to sneak in one of these before the release process
begins for 8.0.

Treat xen as a new platform and have a src/etc/etc.xen directory that holds the xen-specific ttys files, along with similar things that it'll
likely need.