Tim Judd <taj...@gmail.com> writes:

> <snip>
>

> I've kept quiet, but I wonder why we're feeding penguins for dom0,
> when netbsd has dom0 support since 4.0

I started out using NetBSD3 xen2 - it worked beautifully but didn't support
x86_64 or i386PAE, so I switched to a Linux Dom0 so I could use servers
with more than 4GiB ram.

With NetBSD 5 being out, those problems are now solved.   It's just inertia
at this point;  I'm considering NetBSD for my next dom0.

But yeah, not supporting more than 4GiB ram was a big blocker.  Inertia from
that is probably why NetBSD Dom0s are not so popular right now.

--
Luke S. Crawford
http://prgmr.com/xen/         -   Hosting for the technically adept