For working on the FreeBSD DomU, what should we use for the Xen kernel and the Dom0?

Most people use Linux for Dom0 I think, but I understand you can also use Solaris.

I was running the bleeding edge sources for a while, and I was able to get them to work, but not well. I eventually abandoned the effort out of frustration.

However we might need some changes to the Xen or to the Dom0 sources, so maybe it would be best to work with the bleeding edge.

A problem I had is that I was trying to use Xen to support the development of my own cross-platform product. This machine has a RAID that contains *all* of my files, going back almost twenty years. So I was a little hesitant to boot just any kernel on it.

But now I have another box, purely for experimental use, that doesn't have any manner of precious data on it. I can freely run anything on it, without fear of losing anything valuable.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
m...@prgmr.com

   prgmr.com - We Don't Assume You Are Stupid.

      Xen-Powered Virtual Private Servers: http://prgmr.com/xen