On Nov 15, 2009, at 10:08 AM, Michael Sierchio wrote:

> I second the notion - could someone please articulate what
> the problems are with running FreeBSD as a DomU?
>
> Being able to run a 8.x instance on EC2 would be very helpful.

Amazon runs a very old Redhat version of Xen and they aren't forthcoming about
the specific version, presumably out of security concerns.

3.0.3 doesn't support linear page tables and thus requires some pmap futzing.
Apart from that I don't have enough specifics to go on. If someone told me the
precise version and gave me the corresponding RH patches I'd be much more
interested. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Kip