Hello.

I have the same problem, but other error.

When I create machine with 1 CPU (vcpus=1) - all work fine, but when
I  create machine with 4 CPU (vcpus=4) I see kernel panic on console:

APIC: Using the MPTable enumerator.
SMP: Added CPU 0 (BSP)
SMP: Added CPU 1 (AP)
SMP: Added CPU 2 (AP)
SMP: Added CPU 3 (AP)
gdtpfn=3df8cb pdptpfn=f63f4
panic: HYPERVISOR_vcpu_op(VCPUOP_initialise, cpu,
&ctxt): /usr/src/sys/i386/xen/mp_machdep.c:929
cpuid = 0
KDB: enter: panic
[thread pid 0 tid 0 ]
Stopped at      kdb_enter+0x3a: movl    $0,kdb_why
db>

---
Vasilyev Igor