On 11/19/10 23:40, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> I bet if you did some slicing of -head versions, you'll find an
> earlier version that doesn't do that. :-)

Sure, all I need to do is go back a couple of days, and I find a FreeBSD
Xen kernel which doesn't do this... because it panics before the clock
gets nudged. :-)

> On 20 November 2010 15:38, Colin Percival <cperc...@freebsd.org> wrote:
>> It seems that this bug is related somehow to the idle thread sleeping -- when
>> I comment out the call to idle_block from cpu_idle_hlt in i386/machdep.c the
>> stalling goes away.

Colin Percival
Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve
Founder / author, Tarsnap | tarsnap.com | Online backups for the truly paranoid