On 12/14/10 04:04, Luke Marsden wrote:
> This is clearly an enormous milestone on the road to a stable FreeBSD 8
> AMI which I hope will eventually work in amd64 mode on the large EC2
> instances :-)

I hope so too. :-)

> Is this working with PV net and disk drivers? Presumably to run on EC2
> at all (notwithstanding their expensive cluster compute nodes which are
> meant for HPC and which do run HVM) it must be in fully PV mode.

This is fully PV, yes.

> We at Hybrid Logic are very happy to provide testing, assistance and any
> resources we can muster to help you in this effort.

Probably the biggest thing you can do to help right now is to spin up a bunch
of instances, throw some load at them, and see if you can get them to panic. :-)

Colin Percival
Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve
Founder / author, Tarsnap | tarsnap.com | Online backups for the truly paranoid