On Mon, 13 Dec 2010, Aleksey Ovcharenko wrote:

Any plans of using ZFS there?

I don't know about Amazon's live disk resizing policy, but at least in our local Xen deployment of FreeBSD at Cambridge, ZFS seems like the sensible thing so that we can do live disk resizing during provision of VMs through cloning. There are some missing features in GEOM to notify up the stack that a non-destructive resize has taken place, unfortunately. Pawel CC'd on the principle that he might take an interest in helping :-).

(I've also given Kirk a ping about live resize for UFS -- it's an increasingly obvious missing feature that will force us, despite concerns about memory overhead, to use ZFS in virtual configurations here).

Robert