On Wed, 26 Jan 2011, Alex wrote:

> I am having an issue with high network interface collisions when running
> freebsd under XEN (I am using freebsd as my OS for a VPS).
[..]
> whether they have seen the same issue or know what may be causing it.

I can confirm seeing it here also, you are not alone:

$ netstat -i
Name    Mtu Network       Address              Ipkts Ierrs Idrop    Opkts Oerrs
 Coll
re0    1500 <Link#1>      00:16:3e:08:b4:c7 21150230     0     0  4101045     0
4019323
[..]

I had not noticed it before. I am not encountering any packet loss
or other networking problems. No idea about the reason.

This is on FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE-p2 amd64 with GENERIC kernel.

--
Janne Snabb / EPIPE Communications
sn...@epipe.com - http://epipe.com/