This problem seems to have disappeared, the only thing i have done in the config at my VPS provider was mount a cdrom image..

On 28/01/11 08:29, Alex wrote:
I've had that geom warning before on real hardware and it's never stopped it from working.

In my screenshot, it appears the time out is originating from:

xenbusb.c:xenbusb_nop_confighook_cb

xenbusb_nop_confighook_cb(void *arg __unused)
{
}

called in xenbusb_attach(device_t dev, char *bus_node, u_int id_components)

        /*
         * Since XenBus busses are attached to the XenStore, and
         * the XenStore does not probe children until after interrupt
         * services are available, this config hook is used solely
         * to ensure that the remainder of the boot process (e.g.
         * mount root) is deferred until child devices are adequately
         * probed.  We unblock the boot process as soon as the
         * connecting child count in our softc goes to 0.
         */
        xbs->xbs_attach_ch.ich_func = xenbusb_nop_confighook_cb;

Regarding the partitioning, I am not sure what you mean. I have this configured as a VPS so I want to avoid doing anything that may destroy data on the disk.