This works exactly as described. I sort of assume that the xen developers have
taken great pains to insure that there are no exploits through the xenstore to
escape from a domU to either a neighbor or the dom0. Nevertheless, I did open a
ticket to my provider to let them know that I built this tool and to let me
know if there was anything to stay away from. I didn't want them to think I was
up to no good. :)

That said, an ls on device gives me back the two network interfaces, the block
device, the console, and a vfb device.

dmesg shows me PV drivers (xn? xbd?) for the network and disk, but I still see
atkbdc/atkbd, psm and vgapci attaching to the console. Is this the current
state of the art for RELENG_8_2?

What's also a little odd is that I see both psm0 and ums0 show up.

None of this matters too much to me, because the only use I have for the
console is if things go sour and I need to boot single user or some such. But
I'm a curious sort.