On 4 Mar 2011, at 17:12, Simon Dick wrote:

>> Is this a sensible assumption? Can I rely on this being a stable
>> configuration, or am I high?! :)
>
> Not sure if it's just me, but you lose a fair few of ZFSs features if
> you're not running it on actual hardware drives, etc, though I think
> what you're planning may work it's not a setup I'd like to run myself
> apart from to experiment with :)

You think? I reckon that there's lots going for it, partitioning and quotas,
compression, snapshots, easy of upgrading (when I run out of space and need
more), etc etc. The underlying drives will be mirrored already, so I don't need
any mirror or raid functionality, but everything else would be nice :).