Andriy Gapon wrote:
on 09/06/2011 04:55 William Pitcock said the following:
Hi,

Is anyone working on building install kernels with embedded mfsroot
(which you then go in over console to do the actual install obviously)?

If not, would anyone be interested in working on that if a bounty were
offered?  I think it would be helpful to improving the port if it were
easy to install FreeBSD in Xen from scratch (which would improve motivation
for testing).

mfsBSD could be something like what you describe.

I tried to use sysinstall from mfsBSD to install FreeBSD 8.2 amd64 on to already partitioned gmirror, but without success. Sysinstall unpacked distribuition files in to right place (/mnt) but adding users, rc.conf, timezone and other settings was done in running live system, not on installed files under /mnt. Maybe it was my mistake in some sysinstall configuration. I tried it hard, but no luck...

Miroslav Lachman