On 6/9/11 9:26 PM, Colin Percival wrote:
 Hi all,

I'm seeing breakage with ring_pages > 1 on a blkfront; more precisely,
request
#32 has a garbage response (resulting in a panic) exactly as if the
dom0 thinks
we're only using a single page for the ring. Forcing ring_pages to 1
makes the
 problem go away.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Is it possible that there's a bug
in how
our blkfront negotiates the request ring? Does anyone have ring_pages
> 1 in
 use?

The only backend driver I know of that can support more than one ring page
is FreeBSD.  So, the problem likely is that blkfront is getting the
negotiation wrong and only 1 page is in use.

--
Justin