On 9/15/11 4:35 AM, Hugo Silva wrote:
On 09/15/11 05:43, Janne Snabb wrote:
On Mon, 12 Sep 2011, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

I'm planning to ask RE for permission to merge the following netfront
fixes (listed below) into 9.0/head.
Assuming this is the same patch that I posted on the list after someone
sent it to me, it seems to solve the problem (xn* works).

It is similar, but not identical. If you have the resources to test my patch,
I would appreciate it.
A major problem (and after the netdiff fix, the only one that comes to
mind in FreeBSD/Xen, from a SA PoV) right now is the VMs losing massive
amounts of time (just the other day I manually ran ntpdate, for a 1h
adjustment); started a thread last week or so, but it died down.

It may not happen 100% of the time (calcru: runtime went backwards +
losing system time), as I remember that a couple of years ago several
people on the list had this problem while I wasn't experiencing it.

Perhaps it depends on the dom0 OS, some system hardware.. I really have
no idea..

If someone else is running amd64 HVM+PV, let us know if you see the same?
We run it at Spectra Logic. I can replicate the "calcru: runtime went backwards"
issue if I do not pin our FreeBSD VM such that it exclusively owns the CPUs
it uses. I have not had time to dig into this yet, since it is not a blocking bug
for our product.  I hope to have some time to work on this in a few weeks.

--
Justin