> Details at
> http://www.daemonology.net/blog/2012-01-16-FreeBSD-now-on-all-EC2-instance-types.html

That's fantastic news! Really great stuff, Colin, especially the support for
m1.small instances!

Just two questions if I may, with regards to the m1.small AMI in particular:-

There's a folder ec2-bits in the root directory, which contains a bunch of
patches. From your blog post I gather that they will not (much longer) be
required if one was to build their own kernel?

On the same subject: The kernel running in that AMI is apparently i386/XENHVM:

FreeBSD ip-10-30-30-11 9.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE #0: Mon Jan 16 18:25:55
UTC 2012     root@ip-10-17-42-118:/usr/obj/i386.i386/usr/src/sys/XENHVM  i386

The csup'ed source tree does not contain such configuration. It does for amd64.
And there's a XEN configuration for i386. But no XENHVM configuration for i386.

# find /usr/src/sys -name 'XEN*'
/usr/src/sys/amd64/conf/XENHVM
/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/XEN

The AMI you provided runs just fine, but there'll be a time when an update may
be required... :)

Thanks again!

Cheers
C.