On 02/24/12 10:00, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
2012/2/23 Eric Schnoebelen<e...@cirr.com>:

Scott Strobele writes:
- Hi Y'all,
- I am digging through the site, and getting ready to call it a day, I will
- finish reading the entire site tomorrow until I find this, Ian Pratt said
- it was here if it was anywhere.  Another Ian named this location as well.
- I just have preferences of stability for a mysql database that will be
- large, and need to scale as far as size of cluster, it should be a lot of
- fun.
- I have used BSD before, and am not finding what I am looking for yet.

NetBSD has DOM0 and DOMU support in NetBSD 4.*, 5.* and 6.0_BETA.

I don't know if anyones created a bootable ISO that starts a XEN
hypervisor as part of the boot, but it's been something I've
considered (I've got a couple of boxes that won't boot a generic
kernel, but run fine with a xen hypervisor abstracting the
hardware.)

I've done something similar, but with a Linux distribution (Alpine
Linux), you can find more info here:

http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-01/msg00092.html

It's a very minimal Dom0 LiveCD (80MB), that contains a very basic
Linux system (uclibc + busybox) plus the necessary tools to run xen.
It's quite fast, because it runs from ram. It's still a beta test, but
we will probably start releasing this Dom0 LiveCDs with each Alpine
Linux release starting from the 1st of April (approximate scheduled
release date of the next version).

I would also like to do something similar with NetBSD, but that will
require some work.

Zafer made some NetBSD 5 LiveCDs which can boot Xen Dom0 out of the box.

Christoph