Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:57:09 +0200 (CEST)
From: Richard Kojedzinszky <kri...@tvnetwork.hu>
To: freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: time jumps in xen amd64/hvm instance

just an update, as I remember, this happened to 8.2 bsd in paravirtualized mode also.

Kojedzinszky Richard
Euronet Magyarorszag Informatikai Zrt.

Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 21:10:52 +0200 (CEST)
From: Richard Kojedzinszky <kri...@tvnetwork.hu>
To: freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject: time jumps in xen amd64/hvm instance

Dear Xen users,

I have a strange problem, my hvm instance sometimes jumps time forward. I made a little script to monitor this, and I am attaching its result also. I have no clues where to look, why this jump happens, but of course it is not normal. And as I have kern.securelevel at 2, ntp cannot correct this.

Could somebody help?

The amd64hvmntp.sh script is run by cron every minute.

Thanks in advance,