Now we've got the ability to take snapshots with 'memory' - they seem to take a very long time...

Setup is FreeBSD 9.2-RC3 amd64 XENHVM system running under Xen Server 6.2, on a reasonably fast machine (all SSD storage).

In XenCenter a 'disk snapshot' completes in 3 seconds, however selecting 'Snapshot the virtual machine's disks and memory' takes over a minute?

We're new to Xen - so I've no idea if that's a good, or bad time? - The guest host goes comatose while it's happening as well.

Also once the snapshot is complete the console starts filling with lots of:

"
calcru: runtime went backwards from 752 usec to 717 usec for pid X
"

(Lots of values for 'from' and 'to' and lots, i.e. all PID's).

Restarting the VM fixes this.

Any pointers? - aside from switching the kernel to XENHVM, installing 'xe-guest-utilities' and 'removing' the CDROM drive from the image - it's all stock settings.

Thanks,

-Karl