On 08-Oct-2013, at 9:19 PM, Mark Felder <f...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013, at 9:45, Josias L.G wrote:
>> Problem with Citrix Xen 6.2 and install from ISO. The "solution" was
>> remove cd-rom drive from virtual machine. Not possible now with xen
>> default in GENERIC kernel.
>> Message error:
>> run_interrupt_driven_hooks - still waiting after 300 seconds for
>> xenbusb_nop_confighook_cb
>> panic: run_interrupt_driven_config_hooks: waited too long
>>

> I was going to test this soon... but you're right -- you probably can't
> install FreeBSD 10 from ISO on Citrix XenServer because of this bug.
>
> Can someone working on the xen bits test and maybe find a workaround?

The "xenbusb_nop_confighook_cb" issue is the only issue which I am aware
of that prevents CloudStack/XenServer IaaS private clouds from offering
FreeBSD 10 as a supported OS template. The "vbd-destroy" workaround is not
possible as the ISO is attached to the VM instance during the installation.

A "please pretty please" request to @citrix R&D for the hopefully last fix
to get FreeBSD 10 running on XenServer+CloudStack.

The earlier HyperV related panic on XenServer has been fixed in ALPHA5.

Regards.
@shankerbalan