On 09/10/13 08:18, Shanker Balan wrote:
> On 08-Oct-2013, at 9:19 PM, Mark Felder <f...@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013, at 9:45, Josias L.G wrote:
>>> Problem with Citrix Xen 6.2 and install from ISO. The "solution" was
>>> remove cd-rom drive from virtual machine. Not possible now with xen
>>> default in GENERIC kernel.
>>> Message error:
>>> run_interrupt_driven_hooks - still waiting after 300 seconds for
>>> xenbusb_nop_confighook_cb
>>> panic: run_interrupt_driven_config_hooks: waited too long
>>>

>> I was going to test this soon... but you're right -- you probably can't
>> install FreeBSD 10 from ISO on Citrix XenServer because of this bug.
>>
>> Can someone working on the xen bits test and maybe find a workaround?
>
> The "xenbusb_nop_confighook_cb" issue is the only issue which I am aware
> of that prevents CloudStack/XenServer IaaS private clouds from offering
> FreeBSD 10 as a supported OS template. The "vbd-destroy" workaround is not
> possible as the ISO is attached to the VM instance during the installation.
>
> A "please pretty please" request to @citrix R&D for the hopefully last fix
> to get FreeBSD 10 running on XenServer+CloudStack.
>
> The earlier HyperV related panic on XenServer has been fixed in ALPHA5.

Hello,

I've taken a look into this and I'm afraid there's no easy way to
workaround it from FreeBSD. When Xen is detected all IDE devices are
disconnected, and there's no fine grained way to only disable IDE disks
and not cdrom devices.

Could you please contact your XenServer representative, and/or submit
this bug to xs-devel (xs-de...@lists.xenserver.org) mailing lists in
order to get this fixed on XenServer.

Roger.