Hi,

We have a number of FreeBSD 9.x boxes now running under XenServer 6.2

Does anyone have any info / best practice / guides for what's best to use NTP / time sync wise?

I've noticed that NTP isn't "overly happy" on some of these hosts (i.e. it doesn't seem to settle on some, or will run for a while - then de-sync).

We have two local NTP servers (not virtualized) - should we be getting the guest to sync? - Can Xen keep the clock in sync for us (Xen itself is pointed at the two ntp servers) - or are there any options / configs we should consider using with NTP to keep time sync'd up?

Thanks,

-Karl