We've a small setup with a number of XenServer (6.2) machines - and a PXE boot environment.

Real hardware boots fine off the network (the machine we use to boot from is a FreeBSD box itself), as does a VMware guest - but a Xen VM won't boot.

Booting 9.2-amd64, it gets as far as:

PXE version 2.1, real mode entry point @9ad4:0255
BIOS 619kB/2090572kB available memory

FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 1.1
(r...@bake.isc.freebsd.org, Fri Sep 27 04:58:05 UTC 2013)
pxe_open: server addr:
pxe_open: server path: /home/netboot/os/9.2-amd64
pxe_open: gateway ip:

And that's it - it just hangs at that point.

There's no errors logged on the server it's booting 'from', and I can't see any obvious network traffic from the client back to the server.

Any idea how to troubleshoot / fix this?