On 01/17/2014 09:29 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Fri, 2014-01-17 at 00:36 +0000, Julien Grall wrote:
IanC: I was reading the linux binding documentation
(devicetree/booting-without-of.txt VII.2) and it seems that the
explanation differs from the implementation, right?

I vaguely recall someone saying that the Linux behaviour was a quirk of
some real PPC system which supplied a DTB which required this behaviour
which has leaked into the other platforms. It does also sound like a
useful extension to the spec which makes the dtb easier to write.

I've read twice the ePAR and did some test. I was completely wrong, this file is valid with the ePAR (there is even an example like that at the end at the specification). And FreeBSD doesn't complain about this since Nathan's ofw/fdt rework.

Sorry for the waste time.

--
Julien Grall