Hello,

Thanks for trying it out.

El 02/12/14 a les 17.38, David P. Discher ha escrit:
> Hey All -
>
> Attempting to follow the directions over at :
> http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/FreeBSD_Dom0
>
> I’ve confirmed the hard way, not all the bits in the pvh_dom0_v8 -head copy
> of FreeBSD have been merged into freebsd-head, so running with a working
> kernel from the repo over at xenbits.  However, I’m getting a panic in the
> AcpiNsWalkNamespace when the Dom0 is booting.  I’m willing and have time to
> do some testing and poking.  And suggestions or pointers at what to look at
> next ?

I assume that this box is capable of booting FreeBSD without Xen.

> Hardware is:
>
>       Supermicro X8STi
>       Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU  E5620  @ 2.40GHz
>
> Panic is:
>

>       Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
>       cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
>       fault virtual address   = 0x18
>       fault code              = supervisor read data, page not present
>       instruction pointer     = 0x20:0xffffffff803376f1
>       stack pointer           = 0x28:0xffffffff823228d0
>       frame pointer           = 0x28:0xffffffff82322940
>       code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
>                               = DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
>       processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
>       current process         = 0 (swapper)
>       [ thread pid 0 tid 100000 ]
>       Stopped at      AcpiNsWalkNamespace+0x31:       movq    0x18(%rsi),%rax
>       db> bt
>       Tracing pid 0 tid 100000 td 0xffffffff8180bbf0
>       AcpiNsWalkNamespace() at AcpiNsWalkNamespace+0x31/frame
> 0xffffffff82322940
>       AcpiWalkNamespace() at AcpiWalkNamespace+0xa8/frame 0xffffffff823229a0
>       acpi_pci_attach() at acpi_pci_attach+0x154/frame 0xffffffff823229f0

Could you get the file/line number of at least the 3 entries above?

Also, could you paste the full log of Xen+FreeBSD when booted using
boot_verbose? (up to the point of the panic)

Roger.