Roger Pau Monné wrote on 05/12/15 18:50:
Hello,

El 12/05/15 a les 17.20, Ruslan Makhmatkhanov ha escrit:
Hello,

we have machine with VT-d and EPT-capable CPU:
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5504 [1]

The system is FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT r282694 installed from
ftp.freebsd.org iso.

But dom0 fails to boot at this hardware with "iommu must be enabled for
PVH hardware domain" [2]. VT-d support is indeed not detected at kernel
level. Here is dmesg with VT-d enabled in BIOS [3] and dmesg with VT-d
disabled in BIOS [4]. It's look like there is no difference on both
outputs. Here is the proofpic of that the system is VT-d capable and the
support is enabled in BIOS [5]. Here is acpidump -t output [6]

My bet right now is be that Xen detects that your IOMMU contains erratas
and disables it. Can you add "iommu=debug,force" to your xen_cmdline and
try again?

Also, can you paste the contents of your /boot/loader.conf?

Roger.

Sorry, I can only test iommu debug option tomorrow, so will send it's output later. /boot/loader.conf contents below:

rm@:~ % cat /boot/loader.conf
zfs_load="YES"
vfs.root.mountfrom="zfs:storage/root"
xen_kernel="/boot/xen"
xen_cmdline="dom0_mem=2048M dom0_max_vcpus=4 dom0pvh=1 com1=115200,8n1 guest_loglvl=all loglvl=all"

--
Regards,
Ruslan

T.O.S. Of Reality